Points to Remember:
- The Cabinet decided to permit 26% Foreign Direct Investment in ‘digital media’, which was earlier not covered under foreign investment rules.
- “It has been decided to permit 26% FDI under government route for uploading/streaming of News & Current Affairs through
Digital Media,” it said.
- Currently, 26% FDI is permitted in print media and 49% in news channels.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently Government has announced to “permit” up to _ foreign direct investment (FDI) under “government route” for uploading/streaming of News & Current Affairs through Digital Media. 26%
- The extant FDI policy provides _ FDI under approval route in Up-linking of ‘News &Current Affairs’ TV Channels. 49%
Read More at The Wire