Points to Remember:
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will launch the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- ‘DHRUV’ from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru
- The objective of the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme program would be to allow talented students to realize their full potential and contribute to society. Chairman, ISRO, Dr K Sivan; First Indian citizen to enter into space , Wing Cdr. Rakesh Sharma, AC (Retd.) and Principal Scientific Advisor to Government of India, Professor K Vijay Raghavan will be the guests of Honour on the occasion.
- The programme will be called DHRUV (after the Pole Star) and every student to be called ‘DHRUV TARA’. The students will thus both shine through their achievements and light a path for others to follow.
- It will cover two areas i.e. Science and Performing Arts.There will be 60 students in all, 30 from each area.The 60 students come from across the country
- The students will be broadly from classes 9 to 12, from all schools including government and private.
This is only the first phase of the programme which will be expanded gradually to other fields like creative writing etc.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ to launch a unique Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme from ISRO called: ‘DHRUV’
- Consider the following statements regarding Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme-‘DHRUV’
- DHRUV will cover two areas i.e. Science and Performing Arts.There will be 60 students in all, 30 from each area.
- Every student to be called ‘DHRUV TARA’.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Both