Points to Remember:
- Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel will launch the book – the Diary of Manu Gandhi at a function in New Delhi.
- The book has been brought out by National Archives of India, on the occasion of 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in collaboration with Oxford University Press. The first volume covers the period 1943-1944.
- An official release said, the Diary of Manu Gandhi originally in Gujarati has been edited and translated by Dr Tridip Suhrud, a well known scholar engaged in understanding the Gandhian Intellectual tradition.
- Manu Gandhi (Mridula) was a grand niece of Mahatma Gandhi, and stayed with Gandhiji till his assassination. She was an aide to Kasturba Gandhi during her imprisonment in the Aga Khan Palace in 1943.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- The first edition of ‘The Diary of Manu Gandhi’ is edited and translated by whom? Dr Tridip Suhrud