Points to Remember:
- European Union leaders confirmed the appointment of Christine Lagarde as the new chief of the European Central Bank, replacing Mario Draghi from November 1.
- Lagarde’s confirmation for a non-renewable term of eight years comes after EU leaders nominated her for the position on July 2.
About European Central Bank:
- Headquarters: Ostend district, Frankfurt, Germany
- Established: 1 June 1998
- current President: Mario Draghi
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been appointment as next president of the European Central Bank? Christine Lagarde
- Former International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde will replace whom as head of European Central Bank? Mario Draghi