Points to Remember:
- Tamil Nadu topped the Good Governance Index launched by the Centre. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh followed among the ‘Big States’.
- Among the ‘Big States’, the poor performers are Odisha, Bihar, Goa, and Uttar Pradesh with Jharkhand coming last.
- The States and UTs are divided into three groups — Big States, North-East and Hill States, and Union Territories.
- Among the North-East and Hill States, Himachal Pradesh was ranked first, followed by Uttarakhand, Tripura, Mizoram and Sikkim. The worst performers in this group are Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, with Arunachal Pradesh coming last.
- Puducherry is the best governed Union Territory followed by Chandigarh and Delhi. Lakshwadeep is the worst performing UT.
- The rankings were launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, and the Centre for Good Governance.
- In the agriculture and allied ranking, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram and Daman and Diu are the best performing States in their groups. This rating took into account the growth rate of agriculture and allied sector, foodgrains production, horticulture produce, milk and meat production, and crop insurance.
- While assessing the performance of commerce and industries across States, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Delhi top the lists of their groups.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state has topped the recently released Good Governance Index under ‘Big States’ group? Tamil Nadu
- Which is the best governed Union Territory according as per latest Good Governance Index? Puducherry
हिन्दी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें
Dear All, To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel. To join click below link.. Career Options ✈ Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis. https://t.me/CareerOptions