Points to Remember:
- State-run Canara Bank said it has launched India’s first one-time password (OTP) facility for ATM withdrawals.
- The facility, which is activated for cash withdrawals over Rs. 10,000 per day at its ATMs, will protect its card-holders from unauthorised withdrawals, the bank said.
- Motto behind: The additional factor of authentication protects from unauthorised ATM cash withdrawals
- Note: This will be applicable on ATM cash withdrawals of Rs. 10,000 in a day
- Earlier this year, SBI had announced the launch of YONO Cash using which customers can withdraw money from ATMs without using a card.
About Canara Bank:
- Canara Bank is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India.
- It is headquartered in Bengaluru.
- It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai.
- It is one of the oldest public sector banks in the country.
- Tagline: Together we can
- MD & CEO: R A Sankara Narayanan
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently which public sector lender has launched OTP facility for ATM withdrawls over Rs. 10000 a day? Canara Bank
- Yono Cash facility, in which customers can withdraw money from ATMs without using a card is provided by which bank? SBI
- What is the Tagline of Canara bank? Together we can
Read More at Live Mint