Points to Remember:
- Bengaluru-based grocery delivery platform BigBasket is reportedly set to acquire Sequoia-backed rival DailyNinja in a $20-25 million cash-and-stock deal.
- According to three Entrackr sources, the company is in advanced talks with the Alibaba-backed e-grocer for an acquisition.
- Note: Last month, Doodhwala had shut down operations and transferred its subscribers base to FreshToHome.
- Sources outlined that the deal would be in the range of $20 to 25 million. About 20% of the total deal size would be in cash.
- Bigbasket would use DailyNinja’s core-competency in subscription commerce to ramp up BBDaily.
BBDaily is a Milkbasket kind of service that delivers daily essentials such as milk, groceries, fruits & vegetables every morning to the subscriber’s doorstep.
- BigBasket is an online grocery store in India.
- Founded: October 2011
- Headquarters location: Bengaluru
- Founders: Hari Menon, VS Sudhakar, Vipul Parekh, Abhinay Choudhari, VS Ramesh
- Subsidiaries: Bloomskart Retail Private Limited, etc.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who is set to acquire Sequoia-backed rival DailyNinja in a $20-25 million cash-and-stock deal? BigBasket
- According to source, last month who has shut down its operations and transferred its subscribers base to FreshToHome? Doodhwala