Points to Remember:
- Dr Santosh G Honavar, India’s ophthalmologist is conferred with American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) highest award Life Achievement honour that is given to its members. He is the first Indian chosen for the honour.
- The award was formally presented to Dr Honavar recently at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology held in San Francisco.
- Dr Santosh G. Honavar, a Hyderabad-based Indian ophthalmologist was chosen for its highest award to recognize his contributions to the Academy, its scientific and educational programs, and to the advancement of ophthalmology.
About American Academy of Ophthalmology:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology is the world’s largest association of eye specialists. The mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology is to protect sight and empower lives by serving as an advocate for patients and the public, leading ophthalmic education, and advancing the profession of ophthalmology.
- Founded in 1896 and headquartered in San Francisco, USA, American Academy of Ophthalmology has 32,000 professional members. 90 per cent of its members are practising ophthalmologists.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which ophthalmologist of India has been awarded the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) highest award Life Achievement honour? Dr. Santosh Ji Honwar
- Who is the first Indian chosen for the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s (AAO) highest award Life Achievement honour? Dr. Santosh Ji Honwar
To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel.
To join click below link..
Career Options ✈
Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis.