Points to Remember:
- Amazon India announced the launch of a Military Veterans Employment programme that it said will create hundreds of opportunities for military veterans and their spouses across Amazon India’s Fulfillment Centres, Sort Centres and Delivery Centres in the country.
- Amazon India is partnering with the Office of the Director General of Resettlement (DGR) and the Army Welfare Placement Organisation (AWPO) to create continued work opportunities for military families across the country
- Over the years Amazon India has hired military veterans into various roles across the company in Transportation, Customer Fulfillment, Facilities Management and Security Operations to name a few, said Akhil Saxena, Vice President Asia Operations, Amazon.
- With two pilot programmes underway, Amazon is confident of scaling the Military Veterans Employment Programme, and extending its engagement to hire remarkable talent from the Army, Air Force, Navy and Police families in the future, he said.
- Founded: 1994
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, and Arlington, Virginia, United States
- Chairman, president and CEO: Jeff Bezos
- CTO: Werner Vogels
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which e-commerce giant has recently partnered with the Office of the Director General of Resettlement (DGR) and the Army Welfare Placement Organisation (AWPO) to create continued work opportunities for military families across the country? Amazon India
- Where is the headquarters of Amazon located? United States
- Who is the current President of Amazon? Jeff Bezos
Read More at The Hindu Business Line