Points to Remember:
- Three loss making PSU Banks — Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank and UCO Bank – have got Rs 8,655 crore fresh capital infusion from the government.
- The Finance Ministry has approved infusing fresh capital amounting to Rs 2,153 crore in the Allahabad Bank, Rs 2,142 crore in the UCO Bank and Rs 4,360 crore in the Indian Overseas Bank via preferential allotment of shares.
- UCO Bank posted a loss of Rs 892 crore in Q2, Allahabad Bank a loss of Rs 2,103 crore and Indian Overseas Bank posted Rs 2,254 crore loss in July-September quarter.
- All these banks, except the Allahabad Bank, are currently under the Reserve Bank of India”s prompt corrective action (PCA) framework and they need to have net NPA below six per cent to get out of PCA which is a key criterion.
- These banks filed separate regulatory filings on their capital infusion.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which three banks have recently got Rs 8,655 crore as fresh capital from the government of India? Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank and UCO Bank
- The three loss making PSU banks – Allahabad Bank, Indian Overseas Bank and UCO Bank have got ___ as fresh capital infusion from the government of India recently. 8,655 crores
To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel.
To join click below link..
Career Options ✈
Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis.