Points to Remember:
- Sri Lankan spinner Ajantha Mendis, who holds the record for being the fastest bowler to take 50 ODI wickets, has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- The 34-year-old, who made his international debut in 2008, last played for Sri Lanka in 2015.
- Mendis took 70, 152 and 66 wickets in 19 Tests, 87 ODIs and 39 T20Is, respectively.
- He also played for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.
- Mendis would go on to reach 50 ODI wickets faster than anyone else in history. He remains the only bowler to take a six- wicket haul in T20Is twice.
- He was known as the “mystery spinner” due to the unusual bowling action and widely regarded as one of the best limited over bowlers in the world arena.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Ajantha Mendis, who recently announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, had represented which national cricket team? Sri Lanka
- Ajantha Mendis, who has recently announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, he was known as the: “mystery spinner”
Read More at Hindustan Times