Points to Remember:
- Air India will completely ban use of plastic in Alliance Air and Air India Express from 2nd October.
- Chairman and Managing Director of Air India Ashwani Lohani said this while addressing a workshop of Civil Aviation Correspondents in New Delhi.
- Plastic tea cups will be replaced with sturdy paper cups and plastic tumblers will be replaced with paper tumblers.
- The move follows a clarion call by Prime Minister Narendra to ban single use plastic during his Independence Day Address from the ramparts of Red Fort
About Air India:
- Chairman & MD: Ashwani Lohani
- Founder: J. R. D. Tata
- Founded: 1932
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian airline has announced that it is going to ban single-use plastic in flights from October 2, 2019? Air India
- Who is the current Chairman & MD of Air India? Ashwani Lohani
Read More at DD News