SSC CPO Syllabus 2019: Complete Exam Pattern for Paper 1 & 2
The official notification for one of the well-reputed exams SSC CPO is uploaded by the SSC authorities. This exam is conducted every year so that the Sub Inspector in CAPF can be recruited along with the recruitment of Sub-inspector in CAPF, assistant sub-inspector in CISF or the sub-inspector in Delhi police. The application process will end on 16th October, so for the aspiring candidates, it is a great opportunity.
- The interested candidates must apply online through filling the official application form and those who have submitted the forms must check the SSC CPO exam pattern.
- In this article, you will get detailed information of the SSC CPO exam syllabus 2019 and the other necessary information related to the examination.
The Detailed SSC CPO Exam pattern
- The SSC CPO exam is going to be conducted in two phases: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers will be computer-based tests and are going to be conducted only through the online mode.
- Both of the papers will include the objective type multiple type choice questions.
Get the complete information of the SSC CPO exam pattern 2019 for paper 1 and 2 below in the article.
SSC CPO exam pattern for paper 1
Paper 1 of the examination is conducted with four different sections which include the:
- General intelligence and reasoning
- General awareness
- Quantitative aptitude
- English language and comprehension.
The detailed information about the SSC CPO exam pattern can be checked in the table given below:
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|General intelligence and reasoning||50||50|
|English language and comprehension||50||50|
- Paper 1 of the SSC CPO exam will consist of 200 questions in all and the total marks of the examination will be 200 marks.
- The total time duration of 2 hours will be allotted to the students.
- For every correct response, the students will fetch one mark and for every incorrect answer, one-fourth of the marks will be deducted.
SSC CPO exam syllabus
To qualify the exam, it is important for the candidates to know the complete detailed syllabus of the SSC CPO exam 2019. Here is the detailed SSC CPO syllabus 2019 for each of the sections separately.
SSC CPO exam syllabus for general intelligence and reasoning
Reasoning section of the examination consists of two portions:
- General mental ability
- Non-verbal reasoning
In the table below, you can get the SSC CPO syllabus 2019 for the general intelligence and reasoning:
|General mental ability||Non-verbal reasoning|
|Alphabet test||Paper folding and cutting|
|Arithmetic reasoning||Analysis of Figure formation|
|Classification||Cube and dice|
|Direction sense||Mirror image|
|Logical Diagram of Venn||Figure counting|
SSC CPO syllabus for the general awareness
- Coverage of the GA related to the environment and its associated subjects.
- Current Events knowledge and the topics that have updated observations.
- Science: Chemistry, Biology, and Physics
- Static GK
- Current affairs; national and international.
SSC CPO syllabus of the quantitative aptitude
- Whole numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots
- Relationships between numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Tangents to two or more circles
- Bar diagram
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular
- Triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Heights and Distances
- Standard Identities
- Frequency polygon
- Pie chart
- Complementary angles
SSC CPO exam syllabus for English language and comprehension
The exam syllabus for the English language consists of the following topics:
- Single fillers
- Cloze test
- Spotting the error
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence correction
SSC CPO exam pattern of paper 2
Those students who have successfully qualified the paper 1 and the SSC CPO PET and PST examinations are eligible for paper 2 of the examination. The SSC CPO exam pattern for SSC CPO Paper 2 is given below in detail.
|English language and comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
- The SSC CPO Paper 2 consists of only English language and comprehension questions.
- This test will be a computer-based test.
- The exam will have 200 questions in total for which the SSC provides 2 hours for the students.
SSC CPO syllabus 2019 for English comprehension and language
- Fill in the blanks
- Para jumbles
- Error detection
- Sentence correction
- Cloze tets
- Passive voice
- Reported speech
- Sentence completion
- Active voice
- Spelling checking
- Phrases and idioms
- One word substitution
Some other important points for the SSC CPO examination:
- No interview will be conducted and the selection of the candidates is based purely on the marks of students who have qualified the paper 1 and 2.
- Also, the PET and PST tests will be conducted just to qualify the candidates and no marks in the final record will be added for it.
- For both the examinations, there is a negative marking of ¼ marks.
So, if you are interested to grab a job in the CPO, then it is the best time to start your preparations and work hard to get selected for your desired position. Cracking the exam of SSC CPO is not a difficult task. All you need to do is to understand the SSC CPO Syllabus in detail, go through the pattern of the exam and begin your preparations accordingly. If you face any kind of challenge or difficulty while preparing for the exam, you must consult your seniors and teachers. While preparing, it is important to practice the previous year’s papers regularly.