Best books for SSC CPO 2019, CTET preparation for Paper I and II
Staff selection commission has recently released the official SSC CPO 2019-20 notification on the official website of www.ssc.nic.in. There will be a computer-based online test, which will be conducted by SSC authorities for the recruitment of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPF and ASI in CISF. There will be 4 phases in the complete recruitment process. In this article, we will discuss the best SSC CPO books required for the exam preparation and about the exam pattern.
SSC CPO Books for the tier 1 and 2 exams:
- Here in this article, we have listed the important and the best books for SSC CPO exam 2019. These books will help to boost up your preparation for the SSC CPO Exam 2019.
- To get good marks in tier 1 and tier 2, one must be stick to a strict time table and well-defined strategy for the exam.
- Books are the best source for studying when it comes to exam preparation.
- So, we have compiled a list of SSC CPO books that will be really helpful for your CPO preparation.
- Before knowing about the books for SSC CPO exam, let us have a look at the syllabus of the SSC CPO exam in detail.
SSC CPO exam 2019 exam syllabus
Here is the complete SSC CPO syllabus that will help you to strategize your preparation,
|Section||Syllabus Important Topics|
General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Similarities and differences
Coding and decoding
The number and figure analogy
National and International Events
Awards and Honours
|Relationships between numbers
Time and distance
Profit & Loss
Algebra Partnership Business
Mixture and Allegation
Graphs of Linear Equations
Histograms, Bar diagrams & Pie charts
Algebra and Elementary surds
Phrases and Idioms
Fill in the blanks
Best SSC CPO books 2019 for paper 1:
Paper 1 of the exam includes four sections: general intelligence and reasoning, general knowledge and general awareness, quantitative aptitude and the English language. There will be 200 questions in all in the examination with an equal weight of each of the sections. Here is the list of SSC CPO books for 2019, which will enhance your preparation strategy for your exam.
Best SSC CPO books for GI and reasoning:
- A New Approach to Reasoning: a book by Arihant Publication
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
Go through all the concepts of the books and practice as much as questions you can, so that you are not unknown to any kind of the question in the examination. The major thing while preparing for the CPO exam is to ensure that the candidate has thoroughly gone through the exam pattern and syllabus.
Best CPO books for quantitative aptitude:
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams, a book by R S Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic, a book by Arihant Publications
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
Best SSC CPO books for English language and comprehension:
- Objective General English by S. P. Bakshi
- High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
SSC CPO exam pattern
After knowing about the exam syllabus and books, let us know about the exam pattern of the SSC CPO exam 2019.
The exam of SSC CPO is going to be conducted in two phases. The phases will be consisting of a Computer-based online test. Apart from the CBT exams, phase 1 of the examination includes the SSC CPO PET or PST test that is going to test the skills of physical strength and medical fitness of a candidate.
SSC CPO exam pattern for paper 1:
This paper will be conducted in online mode and there will be multiple choice questions asked in the examination. The total number of questions will be 200 for which the students will be allotted a time period of 2 hours. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and there is provision for negative marking as well. The exam will consist of the following sections:
- General intelligence and reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude
- General awareness
- English language and comprehension
After qualifying phase 1 of the examinations student to have to appear for phase 11 of the CPO exam.
SSC CPO exam pattern for paper 2:
The exam will be conducted in online mode only and will consist of one section: English language and comprehension. There will be a total of 200 questions for which the student will be given 2 hours of duration.
Preparation Tips for SSC CPO exam 2019
- While preparing for the exam, understand its pattern in detail and then strategize your planning.
- Keep your notes intact with you, which will help you in preparing in a proper way.
- Prepare from the prepare year papers.
- Keep a handful series of online mock test series that will cover your majority of the topics.
- Analyze your preparation on frequent time intervals, which will help you in knowing that in which section, you need to work hard.
This is all about the CPO exam along with the list of best books for SSC CPO Exam. Cracking the exam of SSC CPO is not a difficult task. Though there is a huge competition and lakhs of students apply for the exam every time this exam is conducted. But, if the student prepares well for the exam, focuses on the basics, then it will become very easy to crack the SSC CPO exam. For more information about the Books for SSC CPO 2019, keep visiting our site.