Points to Remember:
- In a move to boost digitisation in rural areas, the Karnataka Gramin Bank (KGB) has launched ‘mobile ATMs’ in Kalaburagi among several other districts in the state.
- The special vehicle includes an ATM and a screen to show videos of different banking schemes.
- The project was assisted by a Financial Inclusion Fund by the National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- The mobile ATMs will go to the doorsteps of the farmers and make them aware of the banking schemes and digital operating systems.
- A bank official would be present in the van, who will provide information regarding the digital operating systems and schemes.
About Karnataka Gramin Bank:
- Chairman: Shreenath H Joshi
- Formed: 2013
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which bank has recently launched ‘mobile ATMs’ in rural areas in a move to boost digitisation? Karnataka Gramin Bank