CDS Salary Post-Wise | Salary Structure 2020
UPSC CDS (Combined Defense Services) is a competitive exam held by UPSC for the selection of officers in all the branches of defense services that include Navy, Air Force, and Army Officers. This is a very prestigious exam and held by the UPSC two times every year.
What are the various opportunities and eligibility in entry-level through CDS Exam
- Officers Training Academy (OTA): 19-25 years with 60% aggregate in any subject
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): 19-24 Years with 60% aggregate in any subject
- Indian Airforce Academy: 19-23 years with graduation in science stream (Maths, Physics, and Chemistry)
- Indian Naval Academy: 19-22 years with an engineering qualification is mandatory
For entry in these posts, you have to get at least 20 marks in each exam out of 100 marks and 120+ marks in total to qualify for the ranking. Along with that, you should also have good English communication with a strong personality and mental health to get through the personality test.
- The test process also includes an interview in English.
- Along with this, you should also work on your physical health and get a medical done so you don’t face any challenges in the fitness test conducted after the exam.
- Both males and female candidates can fill this form but females are only eligible for selection in the Officers Training Academy (OTA) whereas male candidates are eligible for all the four posts.
CDS Salary structure 2019
The CDS salary structure that the officer grades receive is lucrative and the salary which CDS officers receive attracts lots of candidate to join this field. This article will help you to understand the structure of CDS Officer Salary details in a better way.
- The CDS posts salary includes the gross salary system along with the salary that is given in-hand, and the additional benefits and perks they get.
- All the officers are entitled to basic pay, grade pay and MSP along with other perks and benefits.
Today we are going to tell you about the CDS salary structure both for the training level and entry-level.
- Training is the phase in which you are learning to implement your basic functions and managing your Key Responsibility areas.
- It is described as the probation period and after your training, you become a permanent member and will be entitled to get the salary.
- Each trainee is eligible for getting a stipend/ Training Salary, which is a total of Rs. 21000 which includes Rs. 15600 as your basic pay and Rs. 5400 is the grade pay.
Rank wise CDS Salary 2019 for Indian Navy and Airforce Officer
- Lieutenant to Major: The basic pay band for this rank is excepted between Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100 per month.
- Lieutenant Colonel to Major General: The basic pay for officers at this rank is Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000 per month.
- Lieutenant General to HAG scale: The entitled pay for this rank is Rs. 67,000 to Rs. 79,000 per month.
- HAG Scale: These officers are admissible only by one-third of the total Lieutenant General and are entitled to the pay of Rs. 75,500 to Rs. 80,000 per month.
- VCO, AS or Army CDR: The basic pay entitled for these officers is Rs. 80,000 per month, which is fixed.
- COAS: Chief of the Army Staff is the highest rank in this job and holds 4 stars and basic pay for these officers is 90,000, which is non-variable.
Rank wise CDS Salary 2019 for Indian Military Academy (IMA)
- Lieutenant: The basic pay band for these officers is between Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100 and additional grade pay of Rs. 5400 and MSP (Military Service Pay) of 6000 Rupees.
- Captain: The basic pay band for these officers is between Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100 and additional grade pay of Rs. 6100 and MSP of 6000 Rupees.
- Major: The basic pay band for these officers is between Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100 and an additional grade pay of Rs. 6600 and MSP of 6000 Rupees.
- Lieutenant Colonel: The basic pay these officers ranges between Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000 and additional Grade pay of Rs. 8000 and MSP of 6000 rupees.
- Colonel: The basic pay these officers ranges between Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000 and an additional Grade pay of Rs. 8700 and MSP of 6000 rupees.
- Brigadier Colonel: The basic pay these officers ranges between Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000 and additional Grade pay of Rs. 8900 and MSP of 6000 rupees.
- Major General: The basic pay these officers ranges between Rs. 37,400 to Rs. 67,000 and additional Grade pay of Rs. 10,000 and no MSP is included in the salary of Major General.
Along with these basic salary structure, the candidates selected for this service will also get grants according to their Qualification levels. The higher qualified officer will get extra benefits according to CDS Salary Structure 2019.
Those who are selected to serve the Army Aviation Corps (AAC) are recruited on the Army Aviation (pilot) posts. In the Army Aviators, there are many posts like the Brigadier, Major, Major General, AVO and COAS
- Lieutenant and officers at same post get an extra allowance of rupees 9,000/-
- The Brigadier and the above officers get an allowance of 10,500 rupees.
- Captain and equivalent get the allowance of 11,000 rupees
- Major to General grade get the allowance of 14,000 rupees.
Along with these benefits, The CDS Salary also includes DA pay of rupees 400/- and officers posted in Siachen Area will also be given an additional allowance of rupees 14,000/-
- Children’s Education Allowance – The officers also get educational allowance by the benefit of their children studying in a government school and it is covered in government criteria.
- Travel allowances include rupees 3,200 per month in A1 or A2 cities and rupees 1,600 for other places.
- Additionally, many officers also get additional allowances depending on the specifications of their job.
CDS Jobs is not only prestigious but the CDS job salary is also quite impressive. The 7th pay commission has benefitted all the officers rank by increasing their salary in substantial amounts.
As you serve the duty, you should also aim towards promotion to higher ranks so you will enjoy not only salary benefits but you will also prove passion for the nation. This is all about the CDS posts salary that a candidate gets after selection.