CDS Age Limit, Eligibility Criteria for Exam 2020 – Tesmus
The Combined Defence Services Examination is taken by the Union Public Services Commission in India. This test is for taken for the job in following:
- The Indian Naval Academy (INA)
- The Indian Military Academy (IMA)
- The Air Force Academy (AFA)
- And the Officer Training Academy (OTA)
The UPSC takes the CDS exam 2 times a year. Candidates must make sure that they meet Combined Defence Services eligibility criteria previous to completing the CDS application form.
- Only Qualified applicants can take the exam.
- The form can be downloaded from the website of the UPSC official website, upsc.gov.in.
- According to UPSC guidelines, if you do not meet the eligibility criteria of CDS mention by UPSC, your application will be canceled.
This article gives detailed information on CDS eligibility criteria by the Union Public Services Commission. Read on to read more.
- You will need to include your publication settings when registering.
- This article details the eligibility criteria for CDS 2020.
- Candidates must verify eligibility criteria before completing the CDS 2020 application.
- Candidate eligibility is verified during document verification. If someone is not eligible, they will be rejected from the recruitment process.
Below are CDS eligibility 2019 criteria for the exam of CDS by nationality:
- Candidate must be Indian citizens.
- Candidate can also from Bhutan, subject to that who came to India before 1 January 1962 and have permanent citizenship.
- Candidate can also from Nepalese, subject to that who came to India before 1 January 1962 and have permanent citizenship.
- The candidate who settles in India Permanent after migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries.
- Gorkha candidates can also apply for this test condition is that they need a certificate of qualification.
CDS 2020 eligibility criteria based on physical standards
Candidates seeking CDS recruitment must be physically fit according to standard physical guidelines. Some candidates were rejected for medical reasons. Candidates are encouraged to undergo a medical check-up before submitting their application. Please refer to the physical criteria for the CDS test below.
- The minimum allowable height for a male candidate is 157.5 cm (157 cm for the Navy and 162.5 cm for the Air Force).
- For female candidates, the minimum height requirement is 152 cm.
- For Gorkha candidates and for the candidate who belongs to the Northeast, Garwali and Kumaon regions, the minimum height is 5 cm lower.
- For Lakshadweep applicant, the minimum height requirement is reduced by 2 cm.
CDS Educational Qualification for CDS Eligibility 2019
All candidates must complete graduation or attend the final exam. The person who wants to take the test of CDS must have an educational qualification which is mention below.
- I.M.A. OTA: A recognized or equivalent university degree.
- For a job in Indian Naval Academy (INA), candidates must have completed their engineering from a registered university or from a recognized institution.
- Air Force Academy: An accredited university (physics and mathematics is at level 10 + 2) or an engineer.
Note: Candidates who are in the last year of their degree career and who have not yet passed the last year’s degree exam can also apply. Such candidates must provide proof that they have passed the required qualification exam on the date specified in the exam committee notice.
CDS 2019 age criteria and marital status
Candidates must complete the age limit and marriage status criteria deadlines before completing the online application form for the CDS 1 exam. The CDS Age Limit 2019 is very important and the candidate can be disqualified for providing wrong information.
Indian Army Academy (IMA): Candidates from the age group 19-24. In other words, only candidates born after January 1, 2001, not before January 2, 1996.
For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Candidates who apply for the CDS test must be within the age of 19-22 years. In other words, candidates were born after January 1, 2001, not before January 2, 1996. In addition, candidates in this category must be single to be considered qualified.
For Air Force Academy: Candidates who born between 1996 and, 2000 can apply for the Air Force Academy job. You can relax until you are older, that is, until you were born on January 1, 2000, not January 2, 1994.
Officer Training Academy: Candidates who are between the age of 19-25 can apply for this job. In other words, candidates born before January 1, 2001, not before January 1, 2001. Here you are married or single.
For non-technical course SSC Women: Candidates between the ages of 19 and 25 were born before 1 January 1995, but not before 2 January 1995. Divorced without problems. Remarried (have divorce documents).
From this point on, it is recommended that CDS exams start with a thorough review of patterns and the CDS curriculum, and that candidate should be able to decipher the exam on the first try.
- To clear the CDS test candidates must have the dedication and have to do a lot of practice for preparation.
- Therefore, take the CDS preparation seriously and continue your knowledge.
- The CDS has sections for English, mathematics and general knowledge. Try to give all three sections the same importance. Follow the current topics of GK and Embibe daily.
How to prepare for the CDS test
- To prepare the CDS test, one can join the coaching center. As there are many coaching centers in the country that have qualified staff for the preparation of CDS, you can take a demo session.
- If you don’t want to join any coaching center and want to prepare for the test by yourself, then the best way is to take the help of online sites.
- There are many sites which provide free preparing material online. One can download it without paying anything. You can search for the best website for CDS material using Google.
Below are some tips when you start preparation of CDS:
- Give at least 4 to 5 hours for study.
- Keep updated about the current topic.
- Take the help of an online book or buy the book of well-known writes for the preparation.
- Give equal stress to all subjects.
If you think that you cannot prepare by yourself, then the best way is to take the help of the teacher who provides coaching for such type of test. This is all the relevant information regarding the CDS Age Limit 2019 along with the CDS Qualifications 2019 that are required to appear for the exam and crack it.