IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria : Age Limit, Qualification & Attempts Limit
IBPS PO is an exam that is given by a huge number of students every year. There are some limitations and educational qualifications that are required to appear in the IBPS exam. It is recommended for the aspirants to go through the eligibility before submitting the application form of IBPS PO. There are some norms for appearing in the IBPS PO exam. The IBPS PO eligibility criteria consist of the nationality, age limits, qualifications, number of attempts, etc.
Qualifying the exam along with being eligible is also important to work as an IBPS PO officer. Candidates must download the official information and go through it carefully. You can get all the information needed about the IBPS PO eligibility criteria and other details here in this article.
IBPS PO eligibility criteria 2019
It is advised to check the eligibility before appearing for the exam. If you do not meet the IBPS PO eligibility criteria, then you are not eligible to work as a PO in any of the banks, even if you have qualified the IBPS PO examination. You can get the details of eligibility criteria for IBPS PO 2019 here. The eligibility criterion focuses on the following aspects:
- Nationality or citizenship
- Age limit criteria
- Educational qualification
- The applicant should be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan or
- A refugee from the Tibet who came to India prior January 1st, 1962, with the objective of settling down in the country permanently, or
- A person who is originated from India and have migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam, with an objective of permanent settling in India.
The Candidate must qualify any of the above criteria for citizenship and should produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India when and where required.
IBPS PO Age limit criteria:
- The minimum age limit for the candidates to appear for the exam is 20 years as on 01.08.2019.
- The upper age limit for the students who wish to appear in the exam is 30 years as on 01.08.2019.
- This means that the candidate should be born within 02.08.1989 to 01.08.1999 with both the dates being inclusive.
- There is a provision of age relaxation for the students who belong to the category of reservation. The candidates will have to submit the necessary documents for providing the proof for reservation.
The age relaxation criteria for different categories are given below:
|S. No.||Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Candidates with Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered minimum 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is going to complete within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to the military service or invalidment.||5 years|
|5||Persons domiciled in the state of J&K during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Note: If any candidate fails to produce the certificate, then his candidature would not be considered eligible for the reserved candidates and they will be considered under the general category.
The educational qualification for IBPS PO exam is:
- A graduate degree in any disciple is a must from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification may apply.
- The candidate must possess a valid mark sheet or degree certification to ascertain the eligibility of IBPS PO.
- It is important the graduation result has declared on or before 04.09.2019.
- All the documents of educational qualification would be verified during the interview process.
IBPS PO exam pattern:
The IBPS exam is conducted in three phases and there are some changes introduced this year. Candidates will have to qualify for all the three phases of the exam. The first stage of the exam is the prelims examination. The paper consists of three sections- reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, and the English language. Once a student has qualified for the exam, the next stage is the mains exam, which has an additional descriptive paper for essay writing and letter writing. The multiple choice question paper has four sections- reasoning ability, computer aptitude, English language, and quantitative aptitude. The candidates who successfully, qualify the mains exam have to appear for the interview process. In the end, a merit list will be made based on the scores in the mains examination and interview process.
IBPS PO eligibility criteria highlights
Here are the few highlights given for the IBPS PO eligibility criteria. Applicants should go through the details carefully.
- A graduate in any field can apply for the exam.
- The age of the candidate should be within 20 to 30 years as on 01.08.2019.
- The candidates who are eligible for the age relaxation under reserved category must provide their documents.
- The complete information bulletin must be checked by the candidates regarding the eligibility criteria IBPS PO 2019.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts for appearing in the IBPS PO exam.
- Having the eligibility criteria met is not the only requirement. The candidate must qualify the exam along with the eligibility criteria.
IBPS PO preparation tips:
Qualifying the IBPS PO exam is not an easy task. You can follow the following tips for preparing the exam:
- Practice the previous year’s question papers.
- Follow a strict time table and use standard books.
- Practice more mock tests and practice tests available on the educational sites.
- Mark down your key strengths and weak points while preparing for the exam.