Points to Remember:
- Nick Kyrgios has been handed a suspended ban of 16 weeks and a fine of $25,000 (Rs. 17.75 lakh) by ATP for “aggravated behaviour”.
- An investigation determined his “pattern of behaviour” over last 12 months to be in violation of ATP’s code.
- Both fine and suspension will be triggered if Kyrgios doesn’t comply with certain conditions throughout a six-month probation period.
- The 24-year-old Australian, one of the most combustible characters in tennis, was fined $113,000 over a meltdown in Cincinnati last month and courted more trouble with the governing body of men’s tennis at the US Open describing it as corrupt.
About ATP :
- The Association of Tennis Professionals is a main men’s tennis governing body.
It was formed in September 1972 by Donald Dell, Jack Kramer, and Cliff Drysdale to protect the interests of professional tennis players, and Drysdale became the first President.
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Chairperson: Chris Kermode
- CEO: Chris Kermode (1 Jan 2014)
- Founded: September 1972
- Founders: Jack Kramer, Cliff Drysdale, Donald Dell
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently who has been handed a suspended ban of 16 weeks and a fine of $25,000 by ATP for “aggravated behaviour”? Nick Kyrgios
- Where is the headquarter of ATP situated? London, U.K.