Points to Remember:
- The government said it has appointed Soma Roy Burman, a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service Officer, as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA). Burman is the 24th CGA and is the seventh woman to hold this position.
- During her 33-year long career, she has held cadre positions at different levels in ministries such as Home Affairs, Information & Broadcasting, Industry, Finance, Human Resource Development and Shipping, Road Transport & Highways.
- Prior to this, Burman served as the Additional Controller General of Accounts in the office of CGA, handling the critical areas of accounting rules, policy and reforms, financial reporting, data analytics, cash and budget management.
About Controller General of Accounts:
- The Controller General of Accounts is the principal advisor to the Union Government on accounting matters. The CGA is responsible for establishing and managing a sound management accounting system.
- The CGA is also responsible for the preparation and submission of the accounts of the Union Government and exchequer control and internal audits.
- Who has been appointed as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA)? Soma Roy Burman
To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel.
To join click below link..
Career Options ✈
Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis.