Points to Remember:
- Pakistan has become the first country in the world to introduce a new typhoid vaccine, as the country grapples with an ongoing outbreak of a drug-resistant strain of the potentially fatal disease.
- The vaccine, approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), will be used during a two-week immunisation campaign in southern Sindh province.
- Sindh is where most of Pakistan’s 10,000 cases of typhoid have been documented since 2017.
- After the two-week campaign, it will be introduced into routine immunisations in Sindh, and in other areas of Pakistan in the coming years
- In 2017, 63 percent of the typhoid cases documented and 70 percent of the fatalities were children, according to a joint press release from the Pakistani government, WHO and Gavi.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which country has become the first in the world to introduce a new WHO-approved typhoid vaccine? Pakistan
हिंदी में पड़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें