Points to Remember:
- World renowned football coach Arsene Wenger was named FIFA‘s chief of global football development.
- IFA said the former Arsenal and Monaco coach would be responsible for the growth of the game “for both men and women around the world”, and would also be the “leading authority on technical matters”, including potential changes to the sport’s laws.
- It added that Wenger, 70, would also be tasked with coach education and aiding a programme designed to help former players enter management.
About FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association):
- Founded: 21 May 1904
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Type: Sports federation
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- President: Gianni Infantino
- Secretary General: Fatma Samoura
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has recently been named by FIFA as the chief of global football development? Arsene Wenger
- Who is the current President of FIFA? Gianni Infantino