Points to Remember:
- The ninth edition of the Dhaka Lit-fest started with a galaxy of writers and book lovers thronging the venue ground at the Bangla Academy.
- Over the three day of the festival 200 speakers, performers and thinkers, will take part in discussions on diverse topics.
- The special focus of this year’s lit-fest is on Indigenous Languages as the UNESCO has marked 2019 as the year of Indigenous Language Protection.
- Iconic Bangla author Shankar is the festival highlight of Bangla literature this year.
- On the first day of the event, West Bengal-based writer Abhisek Sarkar and Bangladeshi poet Rofiquzzaman Rony were given the Gemcon Young Literature Award and Gemcon Young Poetry Award.
- Abhisek and Rofiquzzaman won the awards for their manuscripts, “Nishiddho” and “Dhoashar Tamate Rong,” respectively.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which writer from India has won the Gemcon Young Literature Award at Dhaka Lit-fest? Abhisek Sarkar
- Under which category, West Bengal based writer Abhisek Sarkar has won the award at Dhaka Lit-fest? Gemcon Young Literature Award