Points to Remember:
- Google India announced that it has appointed Sanjay Gupta as its new country manager and vice president of sales and operations for India.
- He will contribute to Google’s ongoing efforts to expand the internet ecosystem in the country, driving internet adoption among consumers and businesses and accelerating innovation.
- He will take on the role early next year and will be based out of Mumbai working closely with the teams based in Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
- Gupta has also worked with fast moving consumer goods firm Hindustan Unilever (HUL) where he led marketing for two of the company’s critical segments: oral and home care.
- Founded: September 4, 1998
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Headquarters: California, U.S.
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- CFO: Ruth Porat
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been appointed as manager and vice president of sales and operations for Google India? Sanjay Gupta
- Who is the current CFO of Google? Ruth Porat