Points to Remember:
- The Odisha state government signed agreements with Tata Strive and Tech Mahindra to add new dimensions in skilling and employability of the youth.
- The agreement between Directorate of Technical Education and Training and Tata Strive is aimed at imparting life skills to the students of all 49 government Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) in the state.
- The pact between Tech Mahindra and the Biju Patnaik University of Technology will see setting up of a centre for excellence in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- It will work on the proof of concept for real-life business problems to keep up with the market demand and enhance employability of engineering students.
- Tech Mahindra and the Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation will also set up international business processing outsourcing (BPO) operations for Fortune 500 customers.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state government has signed agreements with Tata Strive and Tech Mahindra to upgrade the skills of youths? Odisha
- Recently the Odisha government joined hands with Tata Strive and Tech Mahindra to add new dimensions in which field? skilling and employability of the youth