Points to Remember:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the two-day Himachal Global Investors Meet in Dharamshala and made a pitch for investment and self employment.
- “Earlier, investors’ summit like these used to happen in just few cities in the country. The situation has changed today. Every state today is competing to attract business and investment,” he said at the event held in Dharamshala.
- The prime minister said that the rise in competition among states will help Indian industry grow at the global level.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capitals: Shimla, Dharamshala (Second Capital in Winter)
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has inaugurated the two-day Himachal Pradesh Global investors’ meet – ‘Rising Himachal’ in Dharamshala? Narendra Modi
- The two-day Global Investors Meet – ‘Rising Himachal’ is being held in which city of Himachal Pradesh? Dharamshala