Points to Remember:
- The second phase of the biggest US- Bangladesh Navy exercise named ‘Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT)- 2019’ started in Chattogram.CARAT is one of the U.S. Navy’s longest continually running exercise in South Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Assistant chief of naval staff (operations) Bangladesh Navy rear admiral M Makbul Hossain was present as the chief guest in the opening ceremony.
- The exercise provides an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the operational activities of the Navies of two countries and to get acquainted with advanced technology through various theoretical and practical training.
- The second phase of the exercise is being conducted from 4 to 7 November with different subject-based training and exercise.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- The second phase of the biggest US- Bangladesh Navy exercise named ‘CARAT- 2019’ has started in which city? Chattogram
- CARAT 2019 is a joint Navy exercise between US-Bangladesh. what does CARAT stands for? Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training