Points to Remember:
- Arvind Singh, a 1988-batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre took charge as the chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- Singh replaces Anuj Aggarwal, who had earlier been with the additional charge of AAI chairman
- The AAI, which comes under the Ministry of Civil Aviation, owns and manages more than 100 airports across the country.
- Prior to this appointment, Singh was the additional chief secretary (Energy) of Maharashtra government.
- He also worked as chairman and managing director of Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Limited and Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited.
- Founded: 1 April 1995
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Arvind Singh
- Products: Airport management and Air Navigation Services (ANS)
- Parent: Directorate General of Civil Aviation
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who took charge as the chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI)? Arvind Singh
- Recently Arvind Singh took charge as the chairman of which government body? Airports Authority of India (AAI)