SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern (Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4) Check Here
Hello CGL aspirants! With CGL being one of the most awaited exams of the year, you would be eagerly waiting to know the details about 2019 CGL exam. It is the right place where you have come to get detailed information about the CGL exam 2019. We have previously covered the information of the SSC CGL exam pattern 2018 and you can also find information about that.
CGL is one of the most reputed exams for which lakhs of students appear every year. But to the surprise, out of such large numbers, only a few hundred are selected for the CGL posts every year. So there is a huge cut-throat competition, no doubt. So, the SSC board has set the exam pattern in such a way that they can easily filter out the deserving candidates.
To begin with your preparation in the right way, it is important for all the candidates to have complete knowledge of the SSC CGL exam pattern. There are some changes introduced by the SSC board in the exam patterns and you must get into every detail of the exam. Go through the official website as well to know the better insights of the changes made and make your preparation plan accordingly so that you can easily qualify the exam.
SSC CGL exam pattern updated
As new changes have been introduced this year, here is the revised SSC CGL exam pattern. The exam will be a multiphase exam which consists of 4 tiers- Tier 1 (preliminary exam), Tier 2 (mains exam), Tier 3 (descriptive exam) and Tier 4 (DEST/CPT). Here you will get the full detailed SSC CGL exam pattern of all the tiers.
SSC CGL exam pattern 2019 Tier 1
The important points regarding the SSC CGL exam pattern 2019 are as:
- The preliminary exam will consist of 100 questions in total, comprising of 200 marks.
- The exam will be a computer-based test and will be conducted in the online mode only.
- For each correct response, 2 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks.
- Only objective type questions will be asked in the exam and the paper will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
- There will be four sections in the exam that will be carrying equal weightage.
- There will be a total of 4 different sections in the exam.
- A total one hour will be allotted to the students for completing the exam and there will be no sectional time limit for the exam.
- Qualifying the prelims exam is must to appear for the tier 2 of the CGL exam 2019.
|Part||Subject||Max. Marks||Questions||Time Allotted|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||25||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for disabled candidates)|
SSC CGL tier 2 exam pattern 2019
Once a student qualifies the tier 1 of the exam, he becomes eligible to appear for the tier 2 of the exam. There will be four papers in this tier. Following are the highlights about the tier 2 SSC CGL exam pattern 2019:
- There will be four papers in this tier. The paper I and II of this tier are compulsory for every post of job. The rest two exams are dependent on the post applied by the students.
- The exam will be conducted in the online mode and will be a completely computer-based test.
- The negative marking for this tier is 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available in both Hindi and English languages.
- Paper 3 is for those candidates who have applied for the post of junior statistical officer, whereas the paper 4 is for the candidates who have applied for the post of assistant audit officer or the assistant accounts officer.
|Paper||Subjects||Max. Marks||Questions||Time Allotted|
|I||Quantitative Ability||200||100||2 Hours (2 Hours 40 Minutes for PWD Candidates)|
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours (2 Hours 40 Minutes for PWD Candidates)|
|III||Statistics||200||100||2 Hours (2 Hours 40 Minutes for PWD Candidates)|
|IV||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||200||100||2 Hours (2 Hours 40 Minutes for PWD Candidates|
SSC CGL tier 3 exam pattern:
Aspirants who have qualified the tier 3 of the exam are now eligible for the third tier of the exam. The detailed SSC CGL exam pattern for tier 3 is given below:
- The tier 3 exam will be a pen-paper based test.
- The exam would be a descriptive type of exam and thus, it will be conducted in the offline mode only.
- The total marks for the exam will be 100 and students will be allotted one hour to complete the exam.
- This exam has been introduced to check the writing skills of the candidate.
- The exam will consist of writing an essay or passage and a letter or application.
- The marks which are required to qualify this tier will be as:
- 30% for the UR category
- 25% for the OBC and EWS category
- 20% for the others
- The exam level would be of 10+2 standard and the exam will be written only either in English or Hindi.
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Marks||Time|
|Pen and Paper||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay /Precis /Letter/Application Writing etc.||100||60 minutes (80 Minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy)|
SSC CGL tier 4 exam pattern
The details of the SSC CGL exam pattern for tier 4 are given as below:
- The exam is just a qualifying exam in nature.
- The tier 4 exam would either be a DEST exam or CPT exam to check the proficiency of the students in data entry skills and computers respectively.
- The CPT exam is for the applicants for the post of Section Officer in CSS, Assistant Section Officer (MEA), Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines and Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) & Inspector (Examiner) in CBEC, Assistant Section Officer in AFHQ.
- And the DEST exam is for the post of Tax Assistant post only.
This is the detailed pattern of the SSC CGL exam that a candidate must take care of while preparing for the CGL exam.