Points to Remember:
- The Finance and Planning departments of Telangana government signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Centre for Effective Governance of Indian States (CEGIS) for “improving socio-economic outcomes and quality of public expenditure” in the state.
- The MoU was signed by K Ramakrishna Rao, Principal Finance Secretary and Principal Secretary (FAC), Planning Department and Karthik Muralidharan, Founder and Scientific Director of CEGIS, a state government release said.
- The partnership is aimed at improving socio-economic outcomes and quality of public expenditure in Telangana by adopting a four-pronged approach
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently the Finance and Planning departments of which state govt. has signed a tripartite MoU with CEGIS for “improving socio-economic outcomes and quality of public expenditure” in the State? Telangana
- Recently, Telangana govt has signed a MoU with CEGIS. what does CEGIS stands for? Centre for Effective Governance of Indian States