Points to Remember:
- Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt-starrer ‘Gully Boy’ won the Best Feature Film from India award in the regional finals at the Asian Academy Creative Awards ceremony.
- Farhan Akhtar, who produced the film, took to Twitter to congratulate the team.
- The film was earlier declared as India’s official entry for Oscars 2020 in the Best International Feature Film category.
- Asian Academy Creative Awards is Asia Pacific’s most prestigious award for creative excellence.
- Gully Boy saw Ranveer in the role of Murad, who lives in Dharavi in Mumbai. Siddhant Chaturvedi as MC Sher helped Murad find his calling as a rapper in the film. Gully Boy showcased rap culture emerging from the streets of Mumbai. It showed Murad’s struggle of living in slums of Mumbai and his journey of becoming a popular rapper. Alia Bhatt played Ranveer’s love interest in the film. Gully Boy was inspired by the lives of Indian rappers, Divine and Naezy.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which movie won the best film from India Award at the Asian Academy Creative Awards? Gully Boy
- Who is the director of Asian Academy Creative Award winning Indian movie ‘Gully Boy’? Zoya Akhtar