Points to Remember:
- Noted director and producer Priyadarshan, who has made several blockbuster Malayalam and Hindi films, was conferred the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2018-19 at a function in Khandwa, the birthplace of the legendary singer- actor.
- Kishore Kumar died on October 13, 1987 in Mumbai.
- The award, instituted by MP Department of Culture, carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- According to the official, the Kishore Kumar Samman jury selected noted actor Waheeda Rehman for the award for 2017-18.
About National Kishore Kumar Samman:
- Instituted in memory of: Kishore Kumar(eminent playback singer & actor)
- Instituted by: MP department of culture
- Awarded for: Excellence in cinematic achievements
- Cash Prize: 2 lakh
- First recipient: Hrishikesh Mukherjee (1997-98)
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been conferred with the Madhya Pradesh government’s National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2018-19? Priyadarshan
- Priyadarshan, who has recieved National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2018-19, is a famous? Director and Producer
- Who has been selected for the National Kishore Kumar Samman for 2017-18? Waheeda Rehman