Points to Remember:
- India’s 14-year-old Grand Master from Chennai R Praggnanandhaa claimed the gold medal in the World Youth Chess Championship’s Under-18 Open category.
- The Championship ended with six other medals for India, including three silver medals.
- India’s Under-14 Girls Divya Deshmukh and Rakshitta Ravi brought home silver and bronze medals respectively.
About R Praggnanandhaa:
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa (born 10 August 2005, chennai) is an Indian chess grandmaster. A chess prodigy, he is the fourth-youngest person ever to achieve the title of Grandmaster (GM), behind Sergey Karjakin, Gukesh D and Javokhir Sindarov.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has won the gold in the under-18 open category in the 2019 World Youth Chess Championship? R Praggnanandhaa
- Which city is the venue of 2019 World Youth Chess Championship? Mumbai