Points to Remember:
- Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises will inaugurate a conference on One Nation One FASTag in New Delhi.
- MoS in the Road Transport and Highways Ministry General (Retd) VK Singh will also be present on the occasion, along with Ministers and senior officials from state governments.
- The conference will see the signing of MoUs with state departments / other agencies for bringing in a unified electronic tolling solution across the country.
- This would mean enabling the use of the same FASTag affixed on the windscreen of a vehicle at every toll plaza in the country under jurisdiction of different states /agencies and other entities. This will help provide seamless services to consumers across the country.
- Another MoU will be signed, between the Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL) and Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) for integration of FASTag with GST E- Way Bill System.
- The GST Council has already accorded ‘in-principle’ approval for this integration. The integration of EWB system with FASTag will help revenue authorities track the movement of vehicles and ensure that they are travelling to the same destination that the transporter or the trader had specified while generating the e-way bill.
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises will inaugurate a conference on One Nation One FASTag in which city? New Delhi
- Consider the following statements about ‘One Nation One Fastag’
I-FASTag is a device that employs (RFID) technology and is affixed on the windscreen of the assigned vehicle and enables a customer to make toll payments directly from a linked account.
II-The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has mandated that all toll payments shall be made via FASTag with effect from December 2019.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Both