Points to Remember:
- Nepal and China inked 18 agreements and two letters of understanding of exchange following the conclusion of the state visit of President Xi Jinping to the Himalayan nation.
- Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport of Nepal and the Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the feasibility study of China-Nepal Cross-Border Railway project.
- Another MoU was signed between the Ministry of Finance of Nepal and the China International Development Cooperation Agency on tunnels construction cooperation.
- The other agreements focused on strengthening bilateral cooperation in the field of mutual legal assistance in criminal matters, railroad connectivity, and investment.
- A few of them also focused on forging a partnership with the government bodies including the Ministries of Home, Foreign Affairs, Physical Infrastructure and Transport, Agriculture and Livestock Development, Industry, Commerce and Supply, and the Kathmandu metropolis.
- Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Currency: Renminbi
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently ____ and China inked 18 agreements and two letters of understanding of exchange following the conclusion of the state visit of President Xi Jinping to the nation. Nepal
- Who is the current Prime minister of Nepal? Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli