Points to Remember:
- Rising Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen clinched his maiden BWF World Tour title by winning the Dutch Open men’s singles title after beating Yusuke Onodera of Japan in the summit.
- Lakshya, currently ranked 72nd, had won the Belgian Open last month and reached the finals of Polish Open this year.
- He had also won the Asian Junior Championships, a silver at Youth Olympic Games and a bronze medal at World Junior Championships last year.
About 2019 Dutch Open (badminton):
- The 2019 Dutch Open, officially the Yonex Dutch Open 2019, was a badminton tournament which took place at Topsportcentrum in Almere, Netherlands
- The 2019 Dutch Open was the ninth Super 100 tournament of the 2019 BWF World Tour and also part of the Dutch Open championships, which had been held since 1932.
- Men’s Singles: Lakshya Sen (India)
- Women’s Singles: Wang Zhiyi (China)
- Men’s Doubles: Vladimir Ivanov (Russia), Ivan Sozonov (Russia )
- Women’s Doubles: Gabriela Stoeva (Bulgaria), Stefani Stoeva (Bulgaria)
- Mixed Doubles: Robin Tabeling (Netherlands), Selena Piek (Netherlands)
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian shuttler has won the first BWF World Tour Super 100 title of his career by winning the 2019 Dutch Open? Lakshya Sen
- Who won Women’s Singles title at 2019 Dutch Open? Wang Zhiyi
- Lakshya Sen is related to which sports? Badminton