Points to Remember:
- Indian Super League organisers Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL) announced the appointment of Martin Bain as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Martin comes with over 25 years of experience, having held top positions at various football clubs and leagues globally.
About Martin Bain:
- The 51-year old Scotsman has played a crucial role in developing the sport as the CEO of his home club Rangers FC while also serving a 3-year term as Director of the Scottish Premier League.
- Martin served as the CEO of Maccabi Tel-Aviv between 2014-16 which is when the club qualified for the UEFA Champions League.
- He then went to the English Premiership as CEO of Sunderland AFC in his most recent assignment.
About Football Sports Development:
- Football Sports Development Ltd is an Indian company established to operate the Indian Super League, the association football franchise-based league. The company is run as a subsidiary to IMG–Reliance
- Founded: 2014
- Founder: IMG Reliance Industries
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairwoman: Nita Ambani
- CEO: Martin Bain
- Subsidiaries: Indian Super League
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been appointed as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL)? Martin Bain
- Who is the Chairwoman of Indian Super League organisers Football Sports Development Limited (FSDL)? Nita Ambani