Points to Remember:
- Legendary boxer MC Mary Kom’s World Championships campaign came to an end after she lost in the semi-finals of the women’s 51kg category to settle for the bronze medal in this edition.
- Mary Kom lost 1-4 in the semis against Busenaz Cakiroglu of Turkey.
- This was Mary’s 8th medal at the World Boxing Championships, making her the most successful boxer of all time – male or female – in the competition’s history.
About Mary Kom:
- Full name: Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom
- Born: 1 March 1983 Manipur, India
- Awards: Padma Shri (2006), Padma Bhushan (2013)
- Mary has won 6 golds, 1 silver and 1 bronze so far in her career.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian boxer has won the bronze medal in World Women’s Boxing Championships 2019? MC Mary Kom
- In which weight class, legendary boxer MC Mary Kom has won bronze in World Women’s Boxing Championships? flyweight(51-kg)