Points to Remember:
- Seeking to expand bilateral relations in various fields, India and Comoros signed 6 MoUs including one on defence cooperation.
- Other MoUs sought to cement cooperation in the fields of health and medicine, arts and culture and tele-education (e- Vidya Bharati) and tele-medicine (e-Arogya Bharati).
- MoUs on exemption of Visa for Diplomatic and Official Passport holders for short visits and protocol on foreign office consultation were also signed.
- The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and the President of the Union of Comoros, Mr. Azali Assoumani witnessed the signing of these MoUs.
- In an extraordinary gesture of friendship, the Comorian President conferred the ‘Order of the Green Crescent’, the highest civilian honour of the Union of Comoros, on the Vice President.
- Capital: Moroni
- Currency: Comorian franc
- President: Azali Bokassa Assoumani
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently with which country, India has signed 6 MoUs in the fields of health and medicine, arts and culture, defence, exemption of Visas, e-VBAB & in the field of Protocol for consultations between two countries? Comoros
- Recently how many MoUs/Agreements have exchanged during visit of India’s Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu to Comoros? 6
- Which Indian personality has been recently conferred with the ‘Order of the Green Crescent’, the highest civilian honour of the Union of Comoros? Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu