Points to Remember:
- First satellite-servicing spacecraft Mission Extension Vehicle-1 (MEV-1), made by aerospace company Northrop Grumman, was successfully launched aboard a Russian Proton rocket.
- MEV-1 has a dedicated mission to extend the useful life of 18-year-old satellite Intelsat 901 by up to five years.
- Northrop Grumman said that the spacecraft is itself designed for a 15-year useful life and can dock and undock multiple times.
About Northrop Grumman:
- Northrop Grumman Corporation is an American global aerospace and defense technology company.
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Virginia, United States
- President and CEO: Kathy J. Warden
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently the first satellite service spacecraft ‘MEV-1’ was launched via which rocket? Proton
- Name the first satellite service spacecraft, which has been recently launched by aerospace company Northrop Grumman? Mission Extension Vehicle-1 (MEV-1)