SBI PO Examination 2019
SBI PO exam is an examination which is conducted by State Bank of India in order to select the eligible students for the post of Probationary Officer in their banks. SBI PO is one of the most longed for job in India, and every year thousands of students appear for this examination.
Due to the name and the brand value of SBI and the reputation that is associated with SBI PO post, this exam is considered as one of the most prestigious examination in India. This job also have a pay scale which is highest among the other banks of the same sector. One of the most important thing that an individual demands from his/her job is growth, which is excellent in this post.
Before starting the preparation for the examination of SBI PO, one must have a primary knowledge about the pattern, syllabus, selection procedure, previous year cut-off and other important information about the examination.
SBI PO eligibility– Age limit, Qualification and Reservation
SBI PO eligibility criteria makes it mandatory for the candidate to hold Bachelor’s Degree in order to apply for the examination. The candidates that meet up with the eligibility criteria are only allowed to move towards the application filing process that would start on April 2, 2019 and would continue up to April 22, 2019.
- SBI PO Notification
The SBI PO notification was released by the SBI authority on 1 April 2019, in which there were a total of 2000 vacancies for Probationary Officers (PO). The exam was scheduled on 8th and 9TH of June 2019. Initial recruitment process starts after the release of the official notification, and the candidates that are selected through this process are recruited in various posting locations across the country.
The candidates that want to appear for the examination are required to fill the application form and register themselves online.
- SBI PO recruitment process
This is one of the most premier examination among the public-sector banks in India. The level of this examination is a bit difficult than the examination conducted by IBPS.
The selection process is three tier-
- Preliminary exam.
- Mains Exam
- SBI PO Application Fee
The fee structure of the SBI PO is different for all the categories, the fee charges once paid would not be refunded on any basis or account. The application fee is also paid online only, and to have more information about the payments and fee details, you can go through the official notification of the SBI PO examination.
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.125/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2.||General and Others||Rs.750/- ( app fee + intimation charges)|
- SBI PO Eligibility criteria
- Eligibility based on Nationality
This is one of the most basic eligibility criteria for the candidates that want to appear for the SBI PO examination. This eligibility criteria has the following features:
- SBI PO examination form can only be filled by the Indian citizens.
- No domicile rules are applicable to this eligibility criteria.
- Candidates hailing from Nepal/Bhutan can also apply for this examination
- Candidates who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam, having Indian origin can also apply.
- The candidates who have any complaint regarding their character are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Eligibility through Age Limit
There are some age limits for the candidates that are looking to apply for SBI PO examination
- The candidates must have an age between 21 years to 30 years as of on April 1, 2019.
- Candidates who are born earlier than 02.04.1989 and not later than 01.04.1998 fall under the eligible category. Age relaxation policy is also available as per the constitutional affirmation policy.
- Some of the reserved categories are also provide age relaxation, which is as given below:
- Scheduled Class (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) is provided an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Other backward Classes (OBC-Non Creamy Layer) is provided an age relaxation of 3 years.
- PwD candidates are also provided an age relaxation of 13 years for (OBC) and 10 years (General) categories.
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers, Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have worked for minimum 5 years in military and have left on inference of project are provided an age relaxation of 5 years.
- The inhabitants of Jammu and Kashmir are provided an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Eligibility based on Educational Qualification
- The candidates should match their educational credentials to the defined 2019 Eligibility. These are the conditions that must be fulfilled for educational eligibility:
- Candidates must have a graduate degree from a recognized university/ college.
- Candidates that are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for this examination, provided that they would have to submit a proof at the time Interview of their degree completion on or before August 31, 2019.
- The candidates having CA qualification are also eligible to appear in this examination.
3.4 Number of Attempts
The number of attempts are decided by the SBI according to the category of the candidate. Candidates who have exhausted their chances are ineligible for the application. Here is the list of attempts according to the category:
- General- 4
- Gen ( PwD)-7
- SC/ST(PwD)/ SC(PwD)- No restriction
3.5 Eligibility and Reservation for PwD candidates
There are certain number of vacancies that are reserved for the PwD candidates under the Section 33 of Persons with Disabilities, according to the government norms.
- For Orthopedically Handicapped (OH): OH candidates with locomotor disability are provided with reservation, on condition that locomotor disability should be more than 40%.
- Visually impaired Persons with one or the following conditions are eligible to apply:
- Total visual impairment
- Visual acuity not more than 6/600 or 20/200
- Hearing Impaired: For the candidates who have dysfunctional sense of hearing are also eligible to apply.
Facility of Scribe: SBI also provides an assistance of scribe to the candidates belonging to PwD category.
|SBI PO 2019 Syllabus||SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern||SBI PO 2019 Salary||SBI PO 2019 Exam Book Online|