Points to Remember:
- Saudi Arabia has allowed women to join armed forces, calling it another “milestone in women empowerment”.
- Women would be able to serve as private first class, corporal or sergeant in the Air Force, Navy and other armed forces.
- Last year, Saudi Arabia allowed women to join the security forces in the branches of criminal investigations and drug combat, among others.
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom’s de facto ruler, has approved a handful of reforms aimed at widening women’s rights, including allowing them to drive and to travel abroad without consent from a male “guardian”.
About Saudi Arabia :
- Capital: Riyadh
- Currency: Saudi riyal
- King: Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- Crown Prince: Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which country has allowed women to serve in the armed forces as it embarks on a broad programme of economic and social reforms? Saudi Arabia
- Who is the current King of saudi Arabia? Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud