SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019 : Prelims & Mains Exam
SBI has released SBI PO Exam pattern. So, the paper pattern varies for both prelims and mains exam. Although, the paper pattern is been similar for previous years.
SBI PO Exam is conducted in three phases:
- Group discussion
Prelims exam is already conducted
SBI PO mains syllabus includes English Language, Computer Aptitude, General Awareness about Economy and Banking and quantitative Aptitude.
In the following sections, we will help candidates to have a better understanding of the exam pattern along with the syllabus and marking scheme of the exam.
Some facts on SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO Prelims Exam pattern 2019
- Prelims exam is of online mode.
- It has 100 questions which are objective.
- Duration of SBI Prelims is an hour.
- A prelims paper has 3 sections:
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning ability.
SBI PO Mains Exam pattern 2019
- This exam is also held in online mode.
- You may find 155 objective questions and letter or essay has a writing question which constitutes 50 marks.
- The duration of the paper is 180 minutes while you get an additional 30 minutes for subjective paper.
- In this paper, you will find 4 sections and objective questions will be there in the exam from sections like Reasoning, General Awareness, about Economy/banking, English Language and aptitude.
- So, there will be a subjective paper where a person needs to write a letter and an essay.
SBI PO Group Exercise and Personal Interview
- Candidates who qualify the SBI PO Mains Exam, they need to prepare for the GD or PI rounds.
- Marks allocated for Group Exercise is around 20.
- Marks allocated for personal Interview are around 30.
SO, each year there is a 5% increase in the competition of PO exam. Hence it is very important for candidates to go through the SBI PO Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2019- Prelims(Phase 1)
The first stage of the exam is SBI preliminary exam for the recruitment process.
- The test has got three sections
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- And Reasoning Ability.
- It is the qualifying examination.
- A candidate who clear the prelims exam, they will be eligible to appear for next exam SBI Mains.
- The marks you will secure in this phase, will not be considered for the final selection.
Some of the highlights of the SBI PO 2019 Prelims Exam Pattern
- Mode of examination:– The prelims of SBI PO exam is conducted online. Candidates should appear for the SBI PO Recruitment Exam in the allotted computer where the candidate will be first shown the instructions an guidelines which you need to follow. After this, questions will appear and it needs to be answered one by one.
- Number of Sections:- In the exam, a candidate will have three sections.
- Duration of Exam:- This exam will be of an hour or 60 minutes.
- Nature of Questions:- All the questions that will be asked will be of objective type. Every question will have 4 options out of which only a single option will be correct.
- Number of Questions:- There will be a hundred questions in total. All these questions will have 3 sections ie
- English Section: 30 Questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude section : 35 Questions.
- Reasoning section: 35 Questions.
- Marking Scheme:- FOr this paper, every question will be of 1 mark. There will be negative marking for a wrong answer also known to be a penalty, one-fourth of the marks (-0.25 ) will be deducted.
- The medium of Paper. All the questions in the English section will be in the English language whereas, for Quants and Reasoning Section, a candidate will have questions in both English and Hindi Language.
- Qualifying Marks:- Candidates won’t find any provision for sectional cutoff. A candidate does not need to clear every section in the exam with minimum qualifying marks, but one should cross overall cutoff for getting selected for further rounds.
- Sectional Time Limit:- Every section needs to be finished in 20 minutes separately.
SBI 2019 PO Exam Pattern- Mains( phase II)
Candidates who secure the marks more than or equal to the requirement qualifies for the cut off and proceed to the second phase of the recruitment process. SBI PO exam is subdivided into 2 different levels which will be Held on Same Day. There would be two tests as follows.
- Level 1– Objective test and
- Level 2– Descruptive test.
Some of the highlights for the SBI PO 2019 Exam pattern for Mains
- This exam will be conducted in online mode.
- SBI is the conducting body of SBI PO and gives specified time for every attempt and each section in Mains Exam.
- After the SBI PO Mains Exam, SBI prepares a Merit List.
- Many candidates who secure high scores will be given priority for other rounds such as GD and interview.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
Mains Exam is the first level Exam. Candidates need to qualify the preliminary round examination in order to be eligible for the mains exam.
|Section||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
|General Awareness (Economy & Banking)||40||40||35|
|Total||155 Questions||200 Marks||3|
SBI PO group discussion and personal Interview Pattern-(Phase III)
- Candidates who will qualify for the SBI PO Mains exam needs to appear in next round which is GD and Interview.
- Marks allocated for each group exercise/ group discussions are 20.
- Marks allocated for personal Interview round are 30.
- After the condition of the interview, a combined score needs to be generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in the SBI mains exam and interview.
- The final list of all the selected candidates is published on the official website of the bank and also in the employment newspaper.
A candidate should prepare accordingly and solve as many as sample papers. Since solving sample papers will help candidates to gain confidence and score good marks in the SBI PO exam both mains and prelims.
|SBI PO 2019 Syllabus||SBI PO 2019 Exam Books online||SBI PO 2019 Examination||SBI PO 2019 Salary|