Points to Remember:
- Sprinter Nirmala Sheoran has been banned for four years for doping and stripped of two titles from 2017 Asian Championships.
- Athletics Integrity Unit, which manages track and field doping cases, says Nirmala tested positive for the steroids drostanolone and metenolone at a competition in India in June 2018.
- The 24-year-old’s ban was backdated to take effect on June 29, 2018
- Nirmala won gold medals in the 400 meters and 4×400 relay at the 2017 Asian Championships held in India.
- She ran in both events at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics and was eliminated in the heats.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Name the Sprinter, who won two gold medals at the 2017 Asian Championships, has been banned for four years for doping? Nirmala Sheoran
- Nirmala Sheoran, who has been recently banned for four years for doping, is related to which sport? Sprint