Points to Remember:
- Reliance Infrastructure has appointed Anil Ambani’s sons, 27-year-old Anmol and 24-year-old Anshul, as directors.
- Their appointment is effective from October 9, 2019 and both shall hold office up to the ensuing annual general meeting (AGM) as additional directors, the company said in a BSE filing.
- Anil Ambani is the Chairman and the Promoter of the company, it added. The company has also inducted Lt General (Retd) Syed Ata Hasnain as an independent director on the board.
- Hasnain’s appointment is effective from October 9, 2019, for a term of 5 consecutive years subject to approval of members at the AGM.
About Anmol and Anshul
- Anmol completed his BSc in Management from UK’s Warwick Business School and is currently an Executive Director at Reliance Capital.
- Anshul joined Reliance Infrastructure in January 2019 after completing his undergraduate degree in Business Management from NYU Stern School of Business.
About Reliance Infrastructure:
- Founded: 01 October 1929
- Headquarters: DAKC, Navi Mumbai, India
- Chairman: Anil Ambani
- CEO: Punit Garg
- CFO: Sridhar Narasimhan
- Products: Electrical power, natural gas, defence, infrastructure, transport
- Parent: Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who have joined the board of Reliance Infrastructure as non-executive directors? Anmol Ambani and Anshul Ambani
- Who has been appointed as an independent director on the board of Reliance Infrastructure? Syed Ata Hasnain