Points to Remember:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval for the MoUs between India and Foreign Broadcasters in the field of Radio and Television.
- The MoUs with the Foreign Broadcasters will help:
- Public broadcaster in exploring new visions;
- New Strategies to address the demands of new technologies and stiff competition;
- Media liberalization; and
- Broadcasting of programmes to be obtained through mutual exchange, co-production will lead to equity and inclusiveness among viewer/listeners of DD and AIR. Exchanges of technical Know-how, expertise and training of manpower would help the public broadcaster to meet the emerging challenges in the field of broadcasting.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- In which field, India has recently signed MoUs with Foreign Broadcasters? Radio and Television
- In which year was the first Wireless Radio Broadcast by Reginald A. Fessenden? 1906