Points to Remember:
- The 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will honour and showcase Dadasaheb Phalke Award winner Amitabh Bachchan’s selected films at the festival, Information & Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said.
- The festival will be held from 20th-28th November in Goa and will screen over 200 films from 76 countries.
- The minister said Uri: The Surgical Strike, Gully Boy, Super 30, and Badhaai Ho will also be screened at the 50th IFFI, which is celebrating its golden jubilee edition.
- This year the feature film jury is being headed by acclaimed filmmaker and screenwriter Priyadarshan.
- The jury has chosen Hellaro, a Gujarati film, helmed by Abhishek Shah as the opening feature film of the Indian Panorama, 2019.
- Ashish Pandey’s Nooreh has been selected as opening film in the Non-Feature Film category of Indian Panorama. The Non-Feature Jury is headed this year by well-known documentary filmmaker Rajendra Janglay .
About International Film Festival of India (IIFI):
- Awarded for: Excellence in cinematic achievements
- Location: Goa, India
- Presented by: Directorate of Film Festivals
- First awarded: 1965
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which bollywood megastar will be honoured by screening his most ‘impactful’ films at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI)? Amitabh Bachchan
- Name a Gujarati film, which has been choosen as the opening feature film of the Indian Panorama, 2019? Hellaro
- In which year, first edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was held in Mumbai? 1965