Points to Remember:
- India’s first private train Tejas Express was flagged off by UP CM Yogi Adityanath on Lucknow-Delhi route.
- The train is being operated entirely by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), a subsidiary of Indian Railways.
- The train’s commercial operation would start from 5 oct 2019.
- The train will cover distance between Delhi and Lucknow in six hours and 15 minutes.
- According to the information provided by IRCTC, the passengers will get a refund of Rs 100 in case the train gets delayed for an hour. If the delay is of more than 2 hours then Rs 250 will be given to passengers by IRCTC.
- India’s first private train will be run by IRCTC six days a week except for Tuesday.
Here’s a look at 10 first time initiatives by IRCTC for Tejas Express passengers:
- First private train
- Baggage pick up-drop facility
- Refund policy
- Travel insurance
- Household theft insurance
- Reduced cancellation charges
- Exclusive Ticket booking
- Advanced reservation period and no tatkal quota
- Snack-styled meals
- Executive lounge
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Name the first private train of Indian Railways that will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)? Tejas Express
- Recently UP CM Yogi Adityanath has flagged off India’s first private train Tejas Express, which will ply between___. Lucknow-Delhi