Points to Remember:
- India’s first female Grandmaster Koneru Humpy gained 17 Elo points and has climbed to the third spot with a global rating of 2,577 in women’s chess.
- The 32-year-old recently won the Women’s Grand Prix in Skolkovo, Russia.
- In 2007, Humpy had crossed the Elo 2,600 mark and became the second woman to achieve the feat after Hungary’s Judit Polgar.
- Chinese players Hou Yifan (2,659 points) and Ju Wenjun (2,586 points) occupied the first and second spots in the latest ranking.
- Formation: July 20, 1924
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Arkady Dvorkovich
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which Indian woman chess player has moved to the third spot in the latest rankings released by the International Chess Federation (FIDE)? Koneru Humpy
- Name the female Grandmaster, who has occupied the first spot in the latest rankings released by the International Chess Federation (FIDE)? Hou Yifan