Points to Remember:
- Maharashtra’s Babita Tade, who won 1 crore on KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati), has been appointed as the Amravati district ambassador by the Election Commission (EC) ahead of the Maharashtra Assembly polls.
- Her appointment is part of EC’s Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation program.
- She is a mid-day meal cook at a school and earns 1,500 per month.
About Election Commission of India (EC):
- Formed: 25 January 1950 (Later celebrated as National Voters Day)
- Headquarters: Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi
- Commission executives: Sunil Arora, Ashok Lavasa, Sushil Chandra
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Name a woman, who recently won 1 crore on Kaun Banega Crorepati, has been appointed as Amravati district’s ambassador for the Election Commission’s SVEEP programme? Babita Tade